Tulsi, an Ayurvedic herb widely used. Holy Basil has proved to be highly effective in protecting our body from various infections and diseases of heart, liver, skin, kidney etc. So, Tulsi is rightly called the ‘Queen of Herbs’.
Different parts of the plant are recommended for treating different conditions:
• Use its fresh flowers for bronchitis.
• Use the leaves and seeds, with black pepper, for malaria.
• Use the whole plant for diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting.
• Use the pill and ointment form for eczema.
• Use an essential oil made from the leaves for insect bites.
Health Benefits of Tulsi
Natural Immunity Booster – Tulsi is rich in Vitamin C and zinc. It thus acts as a natural immunity booster and keeps infections at bay. It has immense anti-bacterial, anti-viral and anti-fungal properties which protect us from a variety of infections. Tulsi leaves extract increases the T helper cells and natural killer cells activity, boosting the immune system.
Combats Respiratory Ailments – Tulsi may relieve symptoms of asthma, bronchitis, colds, congestion, coughs, flu, sinusitis, sore throat, and similar ailments. To clear your sinuses, inhale the steam from a fresh cup of tea before you drink it.
Lowers Blood Pressure and Reduces Stress – Regular consumption of tulsi may lower blood pressure and cholesterol by regulating cortisol levels, reducing the risk of stroke, heart attack, and other related diseases. It can also help relieve headaches and may lessen anxiety and depression for some. Regular consumption may lead to better sleep.
Treats Gastrointestinal Disorders – Tulsi can be used to treat indigestion, intestinal parasites, ulcers, vomiting, gastric disorders, and stomach or menstrual cramps. It may also reduce pain from kidney stones and could help prevent them.
Relieves Arthritis – Tulsi tea may help reduce inflammation and relieve the joint pain associated with arthritis.
Regulates Blood Sugar – Drinking tulsi tea can help maintain stable blood sugar levels. It may also improve metabolism and promote the efficient processing of carbohydrates and fats.
Antiseptic – Tulsi may kill damaging bacteria in the mouth, resulting in cleaner teeth and fresher breath. It can also alleviate acne, slow the effects of aging, and relieve the itch or sting of bug bites.
Tulsi leaves are rich in vitamins A, C and K and minerals like calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron and potassium. It also has a good amount of protein and fibre.
How to Consume?
Supplements of holy basil extract are available in pill or capsule form. The suggested dosage ranges from 300 mg to 2,000 mg per day for general preventative purposes. When used as a treatment, the recommended dosage is 600 mg to 1,800 mg taken in multiple doses throughout the day. All parts of the plant might be used in supplements and topical ointments.
Always make sure to speak with your doctor before incorporating holy basil or any other supplement into your diet. There is not enough research to recommend use for infants, children, and pregnant or breastfeeding women. Processing, quality, purity, and effectiveness of herbs or supplements are not monitored by the FDA.
- > Sexual Problems
- > Male / Female Low Libido
- > Erectile Dysfunction
- > Low Sperm Count
- > Azoospermia
- > Leucorrhoea
- > Enlarged Prostate
- > Dysuria / UTI
- > Premature Ejaculation
- > Impaired Ejaculation
- > Retrograde Ejaculation
- > Nocturnal Emissions
- > Spermatorrhoea
- > Genital Herpes
- > Syphilis
- > Gonorrhea
- > Chlamydia
- > Genital Warts
- > Asthma / Cough
- > Dyspepsia / Indigestion
- > Pimples / Acne
- > Obesity
- > Irregular Periods
- Does Using Porn Lead to Erectile Dysfunction?
- Doctors Consultation Schedule – January 2023
- How Does the Penis Change with Age?
- Vaginal Smells and What They Mean
- BEST AYURVEDIC SEXOLOGIST IN MADURAI
- WEAK ERECTION AND QUICK DISCHARGE TREATMENT KERALA
- What Is Sex Therapy? Why do people have sex therapy?
- When Should You Consult a Sexologist?
- Does Breastfeeding Affect Sex Drive?
- Health Benefits of Dry Ginger
- Ayurvedic Treatment For Weak Erection, Zero Side Effects of Treatment
- Impact Of Spinal Cord Injury On Sexual Function
- What is Smegma?
- What Is Vaginal Gas?
- Does An Enlarged Prostate Affect A Man Sexually?
- What Are the Risk Factors for Penile Fracture?
- What Are Erogenous Zones And How To Stimulate Them?
- What Is Female Orgasmic Disorder?
Sexual Problems : Whether they manifest as physical or emotional can detract from the sexual experience and create tension between couples. We will help you open the door to a more satisfying sex life, by providing a safe space to help you to solve sexual problems.