There is no official rule on how long sex should last. The duration of sex varies from couple to couple and can depend on many factors. Most men don’t want to finish first in the bedroom. In fact, there is a lot of pressure on men to last longer in the bed. But actually how many minutes of sex is enough or how many minutes are too less? Read on to know the truth behind how long an average Indian man lasts in bed and if you really need to see the doctor.
Sex duration depend on many factors, such as :
• Their preferences – Some couples want sex to be fast. Others like to take a slower pace.
• Their circumstances – Young, busy parents might have short sexual encounters when they have time. Couples relaxing on the weekend may spend the entire day in bed.
• Their age and health – As people get older, they sometimes need more time to become aroused and reach orgasm.
• Their definition of “sex” – If couples define sex as the time spent in penile-vaginal intercourse, then sex might last just a few minutes. But if they include foreplay and other sexual activities (massage, oral sex, etc.), it could be much longer.
Scientifically, duration of sex is often associated with the intravaginal ejaculation latency time (IELT). This measurement begins when the penis first enters the vagina and ends when the man ejaculates.
Premature and delayed ejaculation
Sexual dysfunction challenges like premature ejaculation (PE) can cause men to climax earlier than planned and cut sex short. PE is pretty common, affecting about 1 in 3 men ages 18 to 59. It can result from psychological or physical factors and may be temporary or a long-term issue.
Delayed ejaculation can also affect the duration of sex. Those who have this condition may need up to 30 minutes of sexual stimulation to reach orgasm, and some may not get to the Big O at all. The condition may be related to a certain sexual situation or partner, or it may be a sign of an underlying health condition.
For some couples, duration of sex isn’t a choice. Men with premature ejaculation finish more quickly than they wish to. Those with delayed ejaculation take longer to climax or might not reach orgasm at all. In these cases, talking to a doctor or a qualified sex therapist can help both men and their partners.
In porn films, the length of an erected penis is 20 cm – 40 cm and the intercourse lasts for 30 to 60 minutes on an average. But that’s only in the movies as the last scene may be shot first so that the man can ejaculate without worrying. After the last shot, the rest sequence goes on and the man does not need to worry about ejaculating. Moreover the movies are shot for hours to days and obviously the editing goes without saying. Plus, most of the porn stars take medicines. So, it is never a valid comparison
• Sexologists say 4 to 8 minutes is an “adequate” amount of time for penile-vaginal sex to last, while 8 to 13 minutes is considered “desirable.” More research is needed on other types of sex.
• Sex isn’t limited to Penile-Vaginal intercourse it can include a variety of activities and can last as long as you want!
• A lot of factors contribute to sex duration, including age, hormone levels, and health conditions.
• Location, location! A change of space (or timing) can be key for a quickie.
• Pregnancy shouldn’t affect your duration of sex, but you might prefer certain positions for comfort.
- Does Using Porn Lead to Erectile Dysfunction?
- Doctors Consultation Schedule – January 2023
- How Does the Penis Change with Age?
- Vaginal Smells and What They Mean
- BEST AYURVEDIC SEXOLOGIST IN MADURAI
- WEAK ERECTION AND QUICK DISCHARGE TREATMENT KERALA
- What Is Sex Therapy? Why do people have sex therapy?
- When Should You Consult a Sexologist?
- Does Breastfeeding Affect Sex Drive?
- Health Benefits of Dry Ginger
- Ayurvedic Treatment For Weak Erection, Zero Side Effects of Treatment
- Impact Of Spinal Cord Injury On Sexual Function
- What is Smegma?
- What Is Vaginal Gas?
- Does An Enlarged Prostate Affect A Man Sexually?
- What Are the Risk Factors for Penile Fracture?
- What Are Erogenous Zones And How To Stimulate Them?
- What Is Female Orgasmic Disorder?
- What Happens When You Stop Having Sex?
- Men Should Know About Complications of Penis Enlargement Surgery
- Refractory Period – What It Is Duration & How To Shorten It?
- How Soon After Sex Can STD Symptoms Appear?
- Why Do Patients With Heart Disease Suffer From Erectile Dysfunction?
- What Are Multiple Orgasms?
- What Causes White Vaginal Discharge During Sexual Intercourse
- Ayurvedic Treatment For Acne
- Ayurvedic Treatment For Psoriasis
- How Do Thyroid Issues Cause Erectile Dysfunction?
- How Long Does It Really Take For A Woman To Reach Orgasm?
- Turn Your Infertility Into Fertility – Ayurvedic and Naturopathy Treatment For Male Infertility
- > Sexual Problems
- > Male / Female Low Libido
- > Erectile Dysfunction
- > Low Sperm Count
- > Azoospermia
- > Leucorrhoea
- > Enlarged Prostate
- > Dysuria / UTI
- > Premature Ejaculation
- > Impaired Ejaculation
- > Retrograde Ejaculation
- > Nocturnal Emissions
- > Spermatorrhoea
- > Genital Herpes
- > Syphilis
- > Gonorrhea
- > Chlamydia
- > Genital Warts
- > Asthma / Cough
- > Dyspepsia / Indigestion
- > Pimples / Acne
- > Obesity
- > Irregular Periods
Sexual Problems : Whether they manifest as physical or emotional can detract from the sexual experience and create tension between couples. We will help you open the door to a more satisfying sex life, by providing a safe space to help you to solve sexual problems.