Your developing baby is protected by the amniotic fluid in your uterus, as well as by the strong muscles of the uterus itself. Sexual activity won’t affect your baby, as long as you don’t have complications such as preterm labor or placenta problems. However, pregnancy can cause changes in your level of comfort and sexual desire.
Is pregnancy sex safe?
Though your protruding belly might make it difficult for you to switch positions but yes having sex during pregnancy is completely safe. However, certain conditions like cervical weakness might force you not to have intercourse in the later trimesters.
So, in order to maintain some semblance of a sex life, many expecting couples seek other forms of sexual gratification including oral sex.
Problems oral sex can cause during pregnancy
Thought oral sex during pregnancy is not that harmful for your baby, some things need to be taken care of, they are
1. Both partners should not be infected with any sexually transmitted diseases, that is, both partners should be HIV negative. Herpes, gonorrhoea and chlamydia are some more STDs which can be transmitted through oral sex, all of which can lead to serious complications like miscarriage, premature birth or even an eye infection which may lead to blindness of the baby.
2. During oral sex, ensure that your partner doesn’t blow air into your vagina. One of the air bubbles may block a blood vessel (air embolism) which can create complications for you and your baby. Though this happens very rarely, but prevention is better than cure.
3. Most important of all is healthy communication, not just with a doctor regarding the safety of oral sex during pregnancy, but also with your partner. Do not hesitate to discuss the dos and don’ts before the act.
Yes oral sex is considered safe during pregnancy, but it will do no harm if you take precaution against all possible complications. Safe decisions and healthy communication will be helpful to you and will also be beneficial for your baby.
- Does Using Porn Lead to Erectile Dysfunction?
- Doctors Consultation Schedule – January 2023
- How Does the Penis Change with Age?
- Vaginal Smells and What They Mean
- BEST AYURVEDIC SEXOLOGIST IN MADURAI
- WEAK ERECTION AND QUICK DISCHARGE TREATMENT KERALA
- What Is Sex Therapy? Why do people have sex therapy?
- When Should You Consult a Sexologist?
- Does Breastfeeding Affect Sex Drive?
- Health Benefits of Dry Ginger
- Ayurvedic Treatment For Weak Erection, Zero Side Effects of Treatment
- Impact Of Spinal Cord Injury On Sexual Function
- What is Smegma?
- What Is Vaginal Gas?
- Does An Enlarged Prostate Affect A Man Sexually?
- > Sexual Problems
- > Male / Female Low Libido
- > Erectile Dysfunction
- > Low Sperm Count
- > Azoospermia
- > Leucorrhoea
- > Enlarged Prostate
- > Dysuria / UTI
- > Premature Ejaculation
- > Impaired Ejaculation
- > Retrograde Ejaculation
- > Nocturnal Emissions
- > Spermatorrhoea
- > Genital Herpes
- > Syphilis
- > Gonorrhea
- > Chlamydia
- > Genital Warts
- > Asthma / Cough
- > Dyspepsia / Indigestion
- > Pimples / Acne
- > Obesity
- > Irregular Periods
Sexual Problems : Whether they manifest as physical or emotional can detract from the sexual experience and create tension between couples. We will help you open the door to a more satisfying sex life, by providing a safe space to help you to solve sexual problems.